Poke Ninja (Cook)
Prepare the perfect poke – and have fun doing it – is the first step to starting your career at Zuma Poke. Sharpen your customer service skills along with your chef’s knife and get ready to grow with Zumapoke & Lush Ice.
Our team members take pride in preparing Zuma Poke’s delicious food. They know that in order to do this right, they need a clean and organized work area. By consistently following the proper recipes and procedures, and adhering to Zuma Poke’s high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation, teamwork and customer service, they help to ensure that the Zuma Poke customer experience is always the best it can be. Our Poke Cook team members get to learn about and work a variety of stations: Food Prep, Taco Plating, Lush Ice Making, Serving Line and Cashier. All Poke Cooks will be required to learn all of these stations, even though their primary responsibility is food preparation. Team members’ responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on tasks they see that need to get done, and pitch in to help
- Completing food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
- Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as marinating, seasoning, fabricating fish, dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
- Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
- Maintaining appropriate portion control and food levels on the line
- Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing food
- Coordinate with other cooks and Supervisor to accurately record and order food inventory on a daily basis.
- Make Lush Ices for customers as they are ordered
- Prepare Soju Shots for Lush Ices as a part of food preparation duties.
- Maintain Food Handler card certification
Providing a friendly, quality customer experience to each customer
- Consistently and accurately using prep sheet, cleanliness list, and station checklists.
- Following Zumapoke sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day
- Cleaning equipment, as assigned thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Zumapoke sanitation guideline.
8 Hr Shifts Sunday – Saturday depending on production needs. Fill out application for more information on shifts and schedules for this position.
Based upon experience. All cook positions are paid hourly on a bi-weekly basis and receive all company holidays off.
Hiring Process for Poke Cooks:
Zuma Poke & Lush Ice is an equal opportunity employer. The hiring process is a four-part process that begins with completing our job application. The next step is an interview with a manager or owner. This is followed by a group interview with our team and is completed once the applicant completes a one-shift stauge. Zuma will hire candidates that are invited to participate and pass each part of the process.